The MEDIC First Aid Bloodborne Pathogens in the Workplace program includes information that will help students understand what bloodborne pathogens are and how risks of exposure can be reduced for themselves and others. The program assists in satisfying the training requirements of the U.S. Department of Labor, OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard 29 CFR 1910.1030.
Any individual or employee who has a reasonable anticipation of contact with blood or other potentially infectious materials as a result of performing designated job duties.
MEDIC First Aid-approved training materials Instructor materials
• Bloodborne Pathogens in the Workplace DVD
• Bloodborne Pathogens in the Workplace Instructor Guide (one per instructor, print or digital) Student materials
• Student Handbook (one per participant, print or digital)
Recognized certification period:
May not exceed 12 months from class completion date.
Successful completion (certification)
• Complete all course requirements as provided by an authorized MEDIC First Aid instructor.
• Written Exam — Optional
• Performance Evaluation — Successfully complete the course requirements for the Bloodborne Pathogens in the Workplace program.
Recommended time to complete
• About 1 hour
• Successful completion is based on achievement of the core learning objectives rather than a prescribed instruction time.