Fall Protection Awareness Training (4 hrs)
A four-hour awareness course designed for individuals with frequent (daily or weekly) exposure to fall hazards. Participants gain knowledge and skills necessary to identify and avoid hazards associated with elevated work locations. The course features a series of presentations, demonstrations and hands-on exercises.
- Overview of Fall Protection
- The Need for Fall Protection
- Hazard Recognition, Evaluation and Control
- Fall Prevention vs. Protection
- Basic Principles of Fall Forces (live demonstrations)
- Overview of Personal Fall Arrest Systems (PFAS)
Selection, use and care
Equipment inspection procedures
Proper equipment donning
Field application exercises with demonstrations and hands-on activities
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Non-supervisory personnel with limited knowledge of fall hazards or protection procedures.
- Reference materials, course completion certificate